THE DONOR VEHICLE
We managed to source a factory built 1985 3.5L V8 110 station wagon.
Model: LR 110 V8 SW
Taxation class: Private/Light Goods (PLG)
The sale price is +VAT.
The aim of this build was to create a timeless soft top Land Rover for those who appreciate the rugged origins of the Land Rover. The build has been carried out with a focus on driver enjoyment or ‘smiles per mile’ whilst upgrading components wherever possible. In terms of modern upgrades, the main features to note are the valved exhaust system that allows the driver to unleash the sound of V8 when desired. Additionally, a Marshall Bluetooth speaker incorporated into the centre console, allowing occupants to listen to music without installing a modern head unit.
For more information on the work that has been carried out on this build please see below.
CHASSIS & AXLES
- The Chassis was removed, shotblasted and repaired. As a result it does have the potential to be exported to the USA.
- Axles, radius/trailing arms and all other steel chassis brackets have been stripped, shotblasted and painted.
- New half shafts, CVs have been installed
- New brakes installed.
- Axles and diffs have been inspected an components replaced as required
- New galvanised suspension turrets.
- New galvanised front bumper
ENGINE AND TRANSMISSION
- Original engine has had a full rebuild as shown in photos along with upgraded camshaft and Edelbrock carburetor.
- Gearbox and transfer box have been removed and rebuilt
- Custom Valved exhaust system along with manifolds have been ceramic coated in grey
- It has been painted in slate grey.
- Bulkhead removed fully stripped and repaired.
- New galvanised framed front and second row ½ height front doors with galvanised cappings.
- New galvanised framed rear tailgate
- New galvanised B&C posts
- Bonnet has been upgraded to a TDCI bonnet
- Rear body tub has been rebuilt with a new side panel and rear ¼ panel along with galvanised cappings.
- windscreen frame has been resorted and retained.
- New front wings
- New extended front radiator grille panel
- New 3mm lower body sills
- Conversion to soft top using a galvanised heavy duty hood stick set and sand canvas hood.
- It was then reassembled using stainless steel fixings.
The exterior has had several subtle upgrades.
- Billet aluminium front door hinges anodised silver
- Billet aluminium second row door hinges anodised silver
- Billet aluminium rear door hinges anodised silver
- Billet aluminium wing top vents anodised silver
- Full exterior stainless steel bolt kit
- Billet aluminium fuel filler cap
- Classic wire front grille finished in silver
- Body coloured headlight surrounds
- All new exterior lights
- LUCARI 18” classic steel wheels with a wide offset and 8” wide so they can accommodate 265 65 R18 BFG KO2 tyres.
- LUCARI Cast metal emblems.
- 11 seat configuration in tan fluted leather
- Front seats have been upgraded to TDCI seats. These are a classic design with adjustable headrest and fluted leather.
- Arm rest storage box with a fully portable Marshall speaker so once you have arrived at your destination you can quickly remove the Bluetooth Marshall speaker and benefit from over 20 hours of playing time. It is IPX7 water resistant so is an ideal option for music on the beach or around a pool.
- Dash retrimmed in leather
- Leather front door cards
- Billet aluminium door handles finished with leather
- LUCARI X MOTO-LITA wooden steering wheel fitted with a quick release steering wheel boss for security.
- Aluminium gear knobs
- Aluminium brake and clutch pedal covers
- Barley coloured carpets finished with leather
- Alcantara effect roof lining and side panels finished in Ivory colour.
- Leather windscreen trims and sun visors.
-IROKO TEAK rear deck floor
The above is a summary of the parts that have been installed and work carried out we highly recommend viewing in person to appreciate how much work has gone into this build.
If you would like to arrange a viewing of this vehicle or discuss upgrading your existing Defender then please call 01797 222256
|Number of Owners
|Number of Gears
Telephone: 01797 222256