FULL LUCARI REBUILD
THE DONOR VEHICLE
We managed to source a factory built 1989 3.5L V8 90 station wagon.
Model: 90 V8 county Petrol
Taxation class: Private/Light Goods (PLG)
The sale price is +VAT.
The aim of this resto build was to create a timeless Land Rover for those who appreciate the rugged origins of the Land Rover. The build has been carried out with a focus on maintaining the original look of the vehicle whilst upgrading components wherever possible, whether that be for longevity from the large number of galvanised components or for comfort from the Classic Recaro seats and Fox suspension. In terms of modern upgrades, the main features to note are the valved exhaust system that allows the driver to unleash the sound of V8 when desired. Additionally, a Marshall Bluetooth speaker incorporated into the centre console, allowing occupants to listen to music without installing a modern head unit.
Overall, we feel this resto build is a perfect blend of classic style with modern comforts.
We can also offer a soft top conversion on this build and change it back to station wagon for winter if required.
For more information on the work that has been carried out on this build please see below.
CHASSIS & AXLES
- New galvanised chassis has been installed.
- Original axles, radius/trailing arms and all other steel chassis brackets have been stripped, shotblasted and galvanised.
- All new bushes, washers and stainless fixings have been used on the re assembly.
- Both Differentials have been rebuilt by Ashcroft engineering
- New half shafts, CVs have been installed
- New brakes and the fronts have been upgraded to vented LOF engineering discs & pads along with new callipers and galvanised back plates.
- New steering arm.
- Fox shocks all round paired with new springs and Bilstein steering damper
- New galvanised front bumper
ENGINE AND TRANSMISSION
- Original engine has had a full rebuild as shown in photos along with upgraded camshaft and Edelbrock carburetor.
- Gearbox and transfer box have undergone a full rebuild by Ashcroft Engineering.
- New propshafts have been installed.
- Custom Valved exhaust system along with manifolds have been ceramic coated in bronze
- We took the opportunity to change the colour slightly to Lincoln green. It was not a colour that was used on Defenders at the time instead it was reserved for Range Rover Classics of the same era and we felt it was the perfect colour for this built.
- New Galvanised Bulkhead
- New galvanised framed ½ height front doors with galvanised cappings.
- New galvanised frames rear door
- Original bonnet has been rebuilt and the frame galvanised.
- Rear body tub has been rebuilt with new side and rear ¼ panels along with a bulkhead deletion bar that has been galvanised along with the cappings.
- New seat box
- New front floor panels
- Original roof, windscreen frame and side panels have been resorted and retained.
- New front wings
- New extended front radiator grille panel
- New lower body sills
- It was then reassembled using stainless steel fixings.
The exterior has had several subtle upgrades.
- Billet aluminium front door hinges anodised silver
- Billet aluminium rear door hinges anodised silver
- Billet aluminium windscreen blocks anodised silver
- Billet aluminium front and rear washer jets with high flow jets and pump
- Billet aluminium wing top vents anodised silver
- Full exterior stainless steel bolt kit
- Classic wire front grille finished in silver
- Body coloured headlight surrounds
- All new exterior lights
- LUCARI 16” classic steel wheels with a wide offset and 8” wide so they can accommodate 265 75 Cooper stt pro tyres.
- LUCARI Cast metal emblems.
The original 6 seat configuration has been retained but it has been improved with the use of high components and finished with Barley fluted leather.
- Front seats have been upgraded to genuine Recaro seats. These are a classic design with adjustable headrest and fluted leather. These are one of the most comfortable seats on the market yet remain understated as they are a traditional style and not a bucket seat.
- Bulk head removal bar to allow front seats to fully recline.
- We have worked with Smiths who have produced a stunning set of new instrument dials all finished in cream and installed on this 90. The new speedometer will show the mileage since rebuild which will only be a small number of miles for the shake down.
- Arm rest storage box with a fully portable Marshall speaker so once you have arrived at your destination you can quickly remove the Bluetooth Marshall speaker and benefit from over 20 hours of playing time. It is IPX7 water resistant so is an ideal option for music on the beach or around a pool.
- Dash retrimmed in leather
- Leather front door cards
- Billet aluminium door handles finished with leather
- Billet aluminium roof handles finished with leather
- LUCARI X MOTO-LITA wooden steering wheel fitted with a quick release steering wheel boss for security.
- Aluminium gear knobs
- Aluminium brake and clutch pedal covers
- Barley coloured carpets finished with leather
- Alcantara effect roof lining and side panels finished in Ivory colour.
- Set of 4 inward facing rear seats trimmed in fluted leather
- Leather windscreen trims and sun visors.
The above is a summary of the parts that have been installed and work carried out we highly recommend viewing in person to appreciate how much work has gone into this build.
If you would like to arrange a viewing of this vehicle or discuss upgrading your existing Defender then please call 01797 222256
|Number of Owners||6|
|Number of Gears||5|
|Driving Axle||Four Wheel Drive|
|6 Months||12 Months|
|Mileage:||Price:||£89,000 + VAT|
Telephone: 01797 222256